green crypto mascot turning heads

Pepe coin (PEPE) is the latest entrant in the meme coin craze, inspired by the iconic Pepe the Frog meme. The coin has seen a strong uptick in market cap since its launch, but is it just another flash in the pan, or does it have the potential to become a serious player in the crypto world?

In a world where meme coins are as unpredictable as the weather, PEPE has emerged as the newest internet sensation. 

Launched in April 2023 without much fanfare, this cryptocurrency, inspired by Matt Furie’s Pepe the Frog meme from 2005, has joined the ranks of dogecoin (DOGE) and Shiba Inu (SHIB) in the meme coin frenzy. 

Since its debut, PEPE has seized the spotlight among crypto enthusiasts, with its market cap surging above $1 billion on May 5. Adding to the intrigue, the Pepe coin price hit an all-time high of $0.000002322 on the same day.

Memes to millions: how does it work?

The coin has established a fan following through its redistribution system that rewards long-term stakers. Despite a staggering maximum supply of 420 trillion coins, the platform maintains scarcity by consistently burning tokens. 

At its core, the project utilizes social media channels to rally enthusiasts around the iconic frog meme.

One feature of Pepe coin is the “no taxes” policy, which guarantees minimal trading fees. Charges only come into play during high network usage periods. 

Pepe coin’s bold roadmap unfolds over three stages. The initial phase, now complete, saw stealth-dropped coins, meme sharing on social media, and the commencement of trading on major exchanges. 

The current second phase centers on nurturing community partnerships, securing listings on centralized exchanges, and delivering exclusive content to token holders.

The ultimate phase envisions the launch of Pepe Tools and Pepe Academy, listings on tier-one exchanges, and the debut of “buy and burn” associated merchandise.

As the native token of the upcoming Pepe Network, PEPE serves various purposes, from souvenirs to investments. Of the total supply, 93.1% is allocated to the liquidity pool, while the development team retains the remaining 6.9% for future exchange listings, community collaborations, and promotional ventures.

Notable highlights

Pepe coin has gained considerable traction on the decentralized exchange (DEX) Uniswap (UNI), with its liquidity pools for PEPE-WETH being the third most active contracts by transaction count in the first week of May 2023.

Additionally, it has surpassed DOGE and SHIB in trading volume on centralized exchanges like OKX, MEXC, and Huobi.

One notable event in PEPE’s short history was a meme coin investor swapping 0.125 ETH (worth about $250) for 5.9 trillion PEPE tokens. As interest in the meme coins grew, the value of those tokens surged to about $1.6 million by April 19, 2023.

However, it’s important to note that the investor who bought those 5.9 trillion tokens may have difficulty selling them at the current price, given PEPE’s relatively low liquidity.

Pepe coin risks

Pepe coin’s launch was discreet, without any pre-announcement, making its sudden rise even more questionable. The anonymous team behind Pepe coin has chosen to remain in the shadows, fueling speculation in the crypto community. 

Investors should always exercise caution when dealing with anonymous projects, as lacking a public team can lead to scams or rug pulls. Hype and social media frenzy drive these coins, and their value can plummet as quickly as it soars. 

Is Pepe coin a good investment?

As a meme coin, Pepe faces the inherent challenges of its category, including volatility, lack of intrinsic value, and reliance on hype for its success. For those considering investing in Pepe coin, it’s crucial to be well-informed, stay updated on market trends, and be prepared for the wild ride that often comes with meme coins.


What is Pepe coin?

Pepe coin (PEPE) is a meme coin inspired by the iconic Pepe the Frog meme. Since its launch in April 2023, PEPE has joined dogecoin and shiba inu in the meme coin success, with its market cap surging above $1 billion on May 5. Some unique aspects of the coin include a no-tax policy, a redistributive system for long-term stakers, and a burning mechanism for scarcity.

What does Pepe coin do?

The anonymous development team behind the meme coin highlights that it is “completely useless” and doesn’t have any functionality serving only for entertainment. It was designed to show appreciation for the popular Pepe the Frog meme.

How to buy Pepe coin?

Pepe coin is listed on many centralized or decentralized cryptocurrency exchanges, including Binance, CoinEx, OKX and Uniswap (UNI).

Sourced from

Written by on 2023-05-05 15:14:57.

Leave a Reply
Previous Post

How can AI be used to improve credit scoring?

Next Post

PacWest Bank plummets 50%! How will Bitcoin react?

Related Posts